Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 2 Many days later...


So much for writing sooner (never mind daily)! But I did manage to create something last weekend! I've been planning for years to design a Valentine card (one for every year), but I never do it. This past weekend I designed 3! (I made up for some lost years). Why I decided to do one a year, I'm not sure, but since I haven't done it for the past few years, I made myself sit down and so some drawing NOW. I just love Valentine's day, and I really wanted to come up with a line of cards that captured that brightly colored retro-type look from the 50s and 60s. The designs still need a bit of tweaking, but once they're completely finished, I'll put them up so you can see them. Doing that bit of drawing over the weekend has got my appetite started for drawing again, particular designing greeting cards. I really love that form of expression. What nicer way to circulate your art than sending a card to someone with your work on it?


No comments: